Hello David,
                  Congrats on your boat purchase. We have #176 also a
1981 vintage. In regards to your standing rigging, we had Jerry M. build
a new set up and I have the original set for a spare. I figured it's
inexpensive insurance for that part of the boat. You can contact him at
his shop for pricing, etc. if interested. 
btw: I couldn't open up your web site, could be this machine.

Have fun with your M15.

Regards,

Randy W.
M15 "Becca Anne"

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/12/04 7:20:21 PM >>>
Hello all,

Thanks in large part to all of you who posted pictures of your M15s, 
and with a little luck, as of yesterday I'm the owner of a nicely 
maintained 1981 M15 (Hull #163). I've only been out on the water in her

once, but I think it's the start of something good.

Now for the hard part, becoming a better sailor and making the boat fit

me. Becoming a better sailor will come with time and experience, but in

order to get the boat "just so" I am asking for some more help from you

fine folks. I've created a quick and dirty web site:

www.opendoor.com/dwood/m15 

and placed a bunch of pictures of the boat there. If any of you have 
absolutely nothing better to do, I'd appreciate those who have an 
opinion about M15s surfing over to my site and looking at the pictures.

You can click on the thumbnails to enlarge them. Then just keep 
clicking "Next."

There are a number of things that the previous two owners have modified

on the boat, and some of them I know I will change. But others I'm not

yet sure about. The standing rigging is the original 23-year old 
hardware, and I'm not sure how seaworthy it is. The mainsheet cleat has

been moved aft and the tiller shortened, so the helmsman is forced to 
sit next to the transom--something I gather negatively affects the trim

of the boat. The last owner built some funky shelves, a pail portapotty

setup, and a battery box in the cockpit, all of which I'm going to 
remove and/or modify.

But for now I'm just going to sail her. This winter I'll pull her into

the garage and fix most of the things that need fixing and get rid of 
the things I don't like and replace them with things that I do. Until 
then I'm going to confine my sailing to the nearby lakes of southern 
Oregon. But long term I hope to take her out into the Pacific, and by 
then I hope to have made her into a more seaworthy vessel. Right now 
I'm not too sure about a few things like the standing rigging, not to 
mention my own sailing skills. So the rest of the summer will be one 
long shakedown cruise.

Anyway, please have at me if you have the time and inclination. Most 
particularly I am interested in what to do with the main sheet setup. 
Should I put it back the way it was when Jerry Montgomery delivered 
her? Should I go with what's current on new M15s? Or should I install 
something altogether different? If you can tell by looking at the 
pictures, should I replace the standing rigging before I take on big 
wind? And are there any problems that you can see in the pictures that

you think I may need to address right away? Any opinions are 
appreciated. And thanks again for all of the good info I got from 
lurking here and exploring the archives. And thanks also to Bob Eeg for

letting me visit his shop and showing me how well made these little 
boats are. Sorry I didn't buy a new one from you. But maybe a new M17 
will be in my future.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
David W. Wood   -=-  [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
1981 M15   -=-  Hull #163


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to