Can you get that Toyota with a limited slip rear end?  On Steep ramps, it 
could make a big difference.

Steve Tyree, P-15


In a message dated 8/26/2004 9:26:34 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hi All, 
You all will get sick of this before I select something to tow my M-17 with. 
It's either keep the Honda Civic and add a second vehicle dedicated to tow or 
get a new truck that will get decent mileage and still tow the M-17.
Now I'm considering a 150 HP, 4 cyl, Toyota Tacoma Prerunner. In 2002 I 
bought a new Tacoma 4X4, V-6, 5 speed and was dissapointed in that I got a 
rotten 
16 to 17 MPG overall and a whopping 18 - 19 on the freeway. And that's after 
adding TRD exhaust & Filtron sock air cleaner. 
Anyway, I've had tremendous reliability with other Toyota trucks and am 
wondering if anyone out there has any real word experience with the Prerunner 
4 
cyl.. They are of course 2 wheel drive, available with automatic only and 
have a 
factory rebate (cool). I dont have to tow fast, the posted trailer rating is 
3500 Pounds so that's adequate. I'm, as always, concerned with mileage. Not 
so 
much when towing but with general use. Any experience with one yourself or 
maybe with a friends?
Thanks for the input
Bill SF Bay
M-17 #496 "Tiperary"
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to