Thanks for the sketch, looks like a good setup.
Wayne
----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Wayne Yeargain'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: track lube



Hi, Wayne

I checked out that gate web page and my personal opinion is that Rod's
approach is better, especially for a trailer sailer.  The only part of it
that I can see could be improved upon is
to replace the thumbscrew with something else that would be less vulnerable
to vibration or other means of slipping.  Maybe a pin across the groove?

Here is a sketch of the arrangement:

www.bright.net/~htmills/RodsApproach.jpg

Tod

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Wayne Yeargain
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 11:07 AM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: Re: M_Boats: track lube


Hi Tod I too would be intrested in knowing if you installed a gate, if so could you

post the details?.
Currently I'm using a sail stop but would like to change to a gate, any
information would be appreciated.
Wayne M17 #204

----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: track lube



Tod,
My main is at the sail shop having the second set of reef points
installed (SF-Bay Winds). So, there's no hurry, but if you could do a
measurement it would be wonderful.
I agree on the slugs. So much easier to deal with.
Did you put a gate or a stop at the bottom so you can flake the sail?
Bill
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to