1 - The boat is taking on a little water (around 3-5 gal. on an overnighter), which is collecting under the vee berth area. The bow eye is quite loose, but it appears to be around 12 inches up from the water line. I thought it might have something to do with the scupper lines (they drain very slowly), but if this is the case I would think the cabin sole proper would be wet. Any ideas?
2 - The transom is pushed in at the top some, and appears to be hollow - is this correct? I am wondering about the best way to repair it. It is quite sailable now, but I am concerned, since the top (at the separated area) also has one of the gudgeons. I want to make sure the rudder is sufficiently supported.
I had sent a similar message on 11/19, but used another email address - and the message was rejected on the list. Hope this one goes through OK.
Any personal emails may be sent to mdawson at utk.edu
Thanks max
_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
