Rachel, I like the idea of using the bow pulpit. My pulpit has an anchor holding bracket which I haven't used and plan to remove, because the foredeck of the M15 doesn't seem stable enough deploy an anchor especially when you have to carry the rode and chain forward, attach it and then deploy it. The cockpit seems to be a much better place to do this.
What brand of lights did you use? Where did you mount the steaming light and the stern light? Thanks, Rick Langer M15 #337 "Sialia" > Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:46:31 -0500 > From: Rachel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Subject: Re: M_Boats: M23 nav light size > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], For and about Montgomery Sailboats > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed > > Hi folks, > > I'm kind of barging in here, as I wasn't following the thread, but I > just wanted to mention something if the nav. lights you're talking > about are the red and green ones mounted on the hull, just below the > deck joint near the bow. > > It's my understanding that it is not legal to have those nav. lights > mounted below the gunwhale - I think that perhaps it used to be. I > checked this out while restoring my M-17, which also had the bow lights > mounted on the topsides, just below the hull/deck joint. In my case I > bought a red/green combination and mounted it at the top-front of the > bow pulpit. I snaked the wiring up through the pulpit, which I drilled > and pre-threaded while I had it off the boat when I recored the > foredeck. > > FWIW --- Rachel > Fatty Knees 7' (ex M-17 #334, ex M-15 #517) _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
