How about a layer of closed-cell for flotation, firm closed-cell that maybe has 
a
skin and won't soak up water, but on top of that, a soft layer of open-cell 
just for
cushioning?

----- Original Message ----- 
From: MC Carpenter
To: Montgomery Groups
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 7:11 PM
Subject: couple of questions on foam's, rubber, latex memory,

I have been looking for soft cushion material that is still soft to sleep on
YET will not sock up water like a sponge, like spray or rain what ever, All
the soft foam I can find that is comfortable to sleep gets destroyed by
water (falls apart when rubbed) and sun light (gets chalky and crumbles). Or
works like a giant sponge.  I even tried a block of the so called memory
form, It is very nice and soft. I put it on a anchor and let to sink to
about thirty feet in the river. That was three weeks ago and still I can not
get it dry. And even after three washings it still smells like mud.  My
search of places like goggle have not been fruitful.

Does any one know of a COAST GUARD approved floatation foam that is as soft
as a mattress, perhaps that would be a better search, But I have looked all
over even Home depot for dual purpose foam. Am I asking to much from those
chemical engineers. I found several old life Jackets at the flea market,
dollar each, and cut them apart to see if they world have anything of value,
but that foam is as hard as sleeping on rocks.



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to