Which "T" bolt and which turnbuckle? I'm not so sure it's 100% the fault of
raising the mast, as the chainplates themselves can also be bent slightly.
I'm thinking that part of the bend in the "T" bolts also involves the uppers
with aft swept spreaders pulling on the chainplates at an angle...maybe 10
degrees or more...that contributes to the bending situation. More so if you
have raked the mast back a lot. That being the case, I'm not sure what the
cure is except maybe to put a toggle in the link somewhere.

Howard

On 12/23/04 7:45 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Gilbert and listers,
> 
> I have also suffered bent "T" bolts in my turnbuckles on the M17. One must
> carefully watch the shrouds while raising the mast.
> I have replaced the bent items with the smaller .250 "T" and matching clevis.
> It fits fine, no problems. I carry a spare as well.
> Minus one degree F in Mpls this morning, sitting on fiberglass would be a bit
> cool on the fanny.
> 
> Merry Christmas all.
> 
> Bones
> 
> ________________________________________________________________
> Juno Gift Certificates
> Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
> http://www.juno.com/give
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to