On Jan 22, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Craig F. Honshell wrote:


Um . . . I was in no way disparaging the Mac . . . Sorry to offend . . . I know that
Apple software is superior, per the message I just sent to Rachel . . .

Hey Craig,

No worries. I think we Mac users sometimes do get a wee bit tired of people - oftentimes tech "expert help" people at that - taking the easy out. By that I mean that as soon as you say that you have a Mac, they instantly try to blame the problem on that even when it's patently obvious that that's not the case.

I actually had my ISP try to blame a recent wireless e-mail problem on my Mac. As if. I had to explain to them how it couldn't possibly have anything to do with my Mac, as the problem duplicated itself when I used Webmail on a Windows machine. Cripes.

Not that Macs are flawless - they're machines that have their problems, as are all computers. And I'm not an expert by any means. I know much more about the mechanics of my car than I do about my computer.

Anyway, I wasn't offended ... much ;-) Although I admit that that "out of luck" comment did prompt my reply :-)

At least M-boats don't come with two or three different operating systems!

--- Rachel


_______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to