Thanks, Tod this helps. So basically you drilled through the gudgeon and
placed a block in between? What did you use to hold the block?
Maria
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: M17 Rudders


> Maria,
>
> Here is a picture showing the block.  It would have been better if I had
> drilled the holes in the gudgeon slightly more aft (closer to the
mahogany)
> than I did (I probably could have avoided the chafe that this picture
> illustrates).  I had left the rudder mounted for a week or two, not raised
> completely and the line chafed on the transom gudgeon.  I replaced the
line
> and am careful not to leave the rudder in a position not quite fully
raised
> and haven't had any more chafing since.
>
> www.bright.net/~htmills/BuscaRudderChafe.jpg
>
> Tod
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to