. . . here makes sense to me, Tod, thanks!  So basically, adding enough weight 
to
help the kickup blade stay down shouldn't add a substantial amount of weight to 
the
transom, therefore, board dimensions and profile are going to be more important 
than
weight . . .  --Craig

----- Original Message ----- 
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: 'Craig F. Honshell' ; 'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 5:52 PM
Subject: and just when y'all were . . .

Craig,

I can't imagine why weight by itself would affect performance of the rudder.
That's more of a geometry problem.

Now extra weight CAN (or WILL) affect the overall performance of the boat
simply because it means the boat displaces more so as it moves through the
water it will affect the water (resistance) more, and I think the general
wisdom is that it's better to keep weight out of the ends of the boat as
much as possible for pitching, although I don't have a good understanding of
why that would generally be true.

Sorry I can't be more help.  Maybe Jerry or someone else will offer more.

Tod

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to