Dude that web site is cool showing the auto release cleat 'nuff said.
I also sail a sunfish and it has a retractable rudder when it kicks up it still works but makes it pretty hard to steer.


Gilbert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: re: M_Boats: M17 Kick-up rudder



The cleat has a mounting base that is spring loaded. The base swings up when sufficent force is applied.

http://www.clamcleat.com/speciali.htm

Model CL257

Personally, I have never had a problem steering when my M-15 rudder kicked up.

I will quote which item I am responding to this time, so as not to cause further confusion!

steve

Steve R.
M-15 #119

********************************

Howard Audsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Offhand, I can't imagine how a line through a cleat is going to release on it's own, but I'm sure it must. I'd like to see how that works. The concept of a line releasing from a cleat on it's own just doesn't seem right.

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to