When I sent my last post, I hadn't read the latest digest.  If you look at
the first picture, he appears to be very close to the shore, note the
submerged rocks and those in the extreme forground.  I think he was
oblivious to the danger especially sailing all out downwind.  Maybe from his
view, sitting in the cockpit, he couldn't see the waves breaking in front of
him or the one coming up behind him.   It seems to me that, at the point of
the first picture, if he were to sheet in, then tack and head out, he could
have avoided the disaster.  Even if the waves broke over his bow at least
he'd be heading in the right direction (easy for me to say).  Sometime
between Pic #4 and #5 his main jibbed, which makes me think he still didn't
know he was in trouble or maybe at that point he was just  not in control.

Rick Langer



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to