Good point Tod,

That is why I said you need to contemplate your navel..............

There certainly are jobs, that are so far outside your capability - skill
and tools - that they should be left to the pros; but I think you do
yourself an injustice when you think the pros do a better job than you
can.

Just remember they are working on a time and material basis, and you the
owner, are not interested in paying astronomic charges even for
superlative work.

That is exactly where you have a major advantage.  You know how you want
the work to look; you aren't charging labor by the hour to yourself, so
you can spend as long as it please you to get the job done.

If it takes you twice as long to do the job as it takes the pro, does it
really matter?

........... and No, I don't make my own metal fittings, though I have
made wooden cleats and fittings for my Car Topper.

......... and I don't do my own taxes either!

......... but I bet if you had practiced playing the piano it might not
sound  exactly like Van Cliburn, but you could probably play some mean
Boogie-Woogie, or sing along songs.

Keep the faith.

Connie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to