Larry,
I used Interlux Perfection--cream color--over my epoxy repairs. I was
concerned that gel coat wouldn't stick to the epoxy.
I rolled it on with a smooth foam roller, and the finish came out very
shiny and smooth. So, where I wanted it to blend in with the original
finish, I de-glossed it with 600 grit wet and dry. Then I used Penetrol
over the whole hull. On the Keel, I left it as is.
Interlux Perfection is a [forgiving] two part poly urethane. It takes a
few days for it to cure, but it creates a very hard finish, and it
smoothes out well with the right application. A quart goes a long way.
--Bob
Hughston, Larry wrote:
Nice job on the Monty Bob. What finish material did you use on your
keel/hull? Did you have to polish it out later? Thanks, Larry hull # 189
(in need of lots of cosmetic help. I am doing many of the same things here
in Sacramento)
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Olson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:20 PM
To: For and about Montgomery Sailboats
Subject: M_Boats: OK, I think I'm ready to sail this thing...
So, after two months of fixing and adding stuff to my new (old) Monty
15, I think I'm finally ready to put it in some water.
For the curious (and picture hungry), here's a brief list of stuff that
I did;
-- Rebuilt delaminated centerboard
-- Re-faired the keel
-- fixed rotten core under mast step and bow cleat
-- Fixed adjustable motor mount and added access port
-- Built new hatchboards (thanks Rachel for your Starboard suggestion)
-- Added Jib downhaul
-- Did major clean up and ding repair
-- refinished all the teak
'Course, I was in school full time, so it took awhile. ;-)
Here's a link to a few shots.
http://www.users.qwest.net/~bobo4u/monty_pix.html
Wish I had had these available when I was trying to figure some of this
stuff out. So, feel free to borrow.
Anybody want to go sailing? I'm getting ((((((nervous)))))), but excited.
--Bob Olson
M-15 #219 "Sequel"
P.S. I haven't been able to access the Funtigo site for months. Anybody
having the same problem?
Yes, I'm on a Mac. And yes, I've tried multiple browsers. The
interesting thing is, I cna't even access Funtigo's home page. I think
they need to change a couple of letters in their name!
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats