Hi All:

I just got a great deal on a used 3.5hp Nissan 2-stroke for my M17. I had a
Tohatsu 5 on my previous boat, and it was a super engine... always ran like
a charm, except the one time I flooded it. Ran like a charm after ten
minutes that day. Since Nissans are made by Tohatsu (I've heard they're
basically the same engine) I'm hoping this little one will run well... as
well.

My question has to do with prop pitch for this outboard. A 3.5HP is a touch
small for a 17, so I want to get all the engine performance I can. There is
a lower pitch prop available from Nissan that would work better for
"moderate to high loads." (the standard prop is 7.4" diameter, 7" pitch, and
their optional prop is the same diameter, but with a 5.7" pitch.) I'm
wondering if anyone else is using an outboard with a lower-than-standard
pitch, and has it helped? Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks
BG

-- 
Brian Gilbert
Marine Media 
M17 "Tiny Dancer" (ex "Stargazer")
(423)876-9990
3404 Hartford Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37415
www.sailingsmall.com 


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to