Someone was asking about the M17 rudder?
 
Here's another pic for your perusal:
 
http://www.todspages.net/images/BBc06-BuscaTransom.jpg
 
And a closeup of the modified lifting arrangement using a micro block
(pointing out that I should've had the micro block further aft to avoid the
chafe problem).  I highly recommend the modification over the stock
hole-in-the rudder mostly because it eliminated the annoying, embarrassing,
and unsightly [ :o) ] "squeak".
 
http://www.todspages.net/images/LF-rudderchafe.jpg
 
************************
 
It's not conclusive yet, but so far the new silver colored shear pins that
came from Honda for the 5 hp APPARENTLY ARE tougher.  I just inspected the
one I had put in and it shows very minimal evidence of a shearing force
being applied.  I had replaced a brass-colored one that, with similar usage,
was considerably deformed and partially sheared.
 
Tod Mills
M17 #408
BuscaBrisas  <== soon to have the most luxurious berth cushions in the fleet
and, if it works out as planned, the only M17 with near La-Z-Boy type
seating. :-)  pictures coming soon (I hope!).
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to