[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
want to make mods to a m 17 to make it easier for an old guy
want to convert to a balance lug...approx 143 sqft
no standing rigging
mast pinned in tall tabernacle
just pivot it up
motor will be a 7.5 honda 4 stroke
this will be a motor sailor of sorts
know this might be heresy for somne
but...too many friends have died this year not realizing even a small part of
their hopes/dreams
so...am at the dgas stage
even if you don't agree
please share your toughts
looking forward to interesting dialogue
also have a venture 24 am pallning to part out or will sell cheap
but no trailer
holp[help and hope]
g
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
How will you support this tall tabernacle without stepping thru the deck
and to a mast step firmly glassed to the bilge?
I used to own Bone's Dhana (shorterned from Sadhana) M23 and had no
trouble sailing her into my late 60s though I did use jib downhaul and
spring boomvang.
I now have a Nonsuch26 catboat with free standing spar stepped solidly
to the bilge up forward. I am 77 and have made some concessions to
decreasing strength and balance such as wearing a "Mae West" at all
times underway, a harness to leave the cockpit and a high torque
rechargeable drill to hoist the 47' 430 ft^2 sail.
Regards, Dick
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats