Wesly,

I don't know if this is the "best" option or not but it's certainly one that 
works well. The friend that bought my old 17 purchased a 4 hp 4 stroke suzuki 
motor and mounted it on nice lifting motor bracket. The motor runs like a top 
and is unbelievably quiet. it will push the 17 at hull speed at about hlaf 
throttle on calm days. What I really liked about it is that we have been out in 
some pretty rough stuff, over 30knts with some fairly large wind swell and the 
motor had absolutely no problem pushing the boat along when we were done 
sailing. It has an internal fuel tank which lasts along time and eliminates the 
hose coming ito the cockpit and  being mounted on the lifting bracket keeps the 
motor's head out of the back of the cockpit and clear of the rudder.

The only downside I see is that the 4hp 4 stroke is signifigantly heavier 
than say a 2 hp honda (which is also a great motor) but the 17 seems to handle 
it 
just fine. If you are really curious how it looks let me know and next time 
I'm down at the marina I'll snap a few shots for ya of the installation.

S
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to