Gary I am very interested in a solar system as well. What type is yours and where did you purchase it? Is it large enough to run an electric trolling type motor (like Fred Berthrong's 'Dulce') instead of a gasoline outboard?
Thanks for any info you can give me. wesley --- Gary M Hyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Bones: > Glad to hear it, since I just bought the same > outboard! I think a > solar charging system (which I installed on my new > M17) works better > for me anyway, because the engine doesn't usually > run enough to > completely charge the battery. The solar panel is > permanently mounted > and charges the battery any time the sun shines, > even when the boat > is moored for days (weeks?) at a time. This is the > third boat on > which I have installed solar charging, and it works > well for me. > --Gary Hyde > Pullman, WA > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > M17 #637 'Hydeaway 2' > M15 #235 'Vanilla' > "...There's nothing quite like messing about in > boats..." > > > On Mar 11, 2006, at 6:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > > > Wesley, > > A lot of discussion on this subject, also info in > the archives. I > > use a Yamaha 4hp 4 stroke long shaft on my M17, it > works fabulous. > > The only thing it is missing is a charging > alternator. > > Bones > > M17 #92, M23 #75 > > _______________________________________________ > > > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > > > _______________________________________________ > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
