Wow, no one can accuse Montgomery owners of lacking passion about what they 
think.  That said, I really enjoy the site. 
   
  I'm excited that some folks have the motivation to create a Montgomery 
T-shirts.  Whatever ends up on the pocket. I'm a past (& probably future) M-15 
owner and I'm ordering a shirt as soon as they are availalble. It's about pride 
in a wonderful small boat.
   
  Larry Boone
  Bellingham, WA 

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Hey gang, just want to clarify a couple of things;

1. Bob Eeg did not come to me and ask me to make a t-shirt advertising for 
him. Quite the contrary, I went to Bob Eeg and asked that if I made a T-shirt 
if 
I could place the Montgomery name and logo on them. I was pleased when he 
said yes I could, and have no problem with displaying a small web address for 
him 
on the back. He could have just as easily said "NO". End of story. As far as 
needing any advertising that the few shirts we might make could 
provide...well, let's not kid ourselves. Bob is backlogged on boat orders. I 
guess if 
wearing a shirt with Montgomery Boats web address rubs you the wrong way then 
you 
always have the option to make your own shirt without it, or simply not have a 
Montgomery sailboat shirt. There's nothing wrong with either of those two 
options.

2. Apparently yesterday when I was on duty there was a post from Jerry 
Montgomery himself indicating that he retains rights to the Montgomery name. I 
was 
remiss in not contacting him, in addition to Bob, and appologized to him for 
the oversight in an email sent this morning. I am waiting for a reply from him 
before moving ahead any further with the t-shirts. Oddly enough, the post was 
emailed to me by a fellow lister, but I cannot find the post on the MSOG site 
now. 

3. The post where I indicated I was looking for input on the shirt indicated 
that the only part I was looking for input on is whether or not to include the 
name of the MSOG on the pocket emblem. I'm not sure who the orignal creator 
of the MSOG is(was) so I'm not really sure who to ask. If I go ahead with the 
shirts and there is no clear answer I'll probably leave the MSOG reference off 
of the shirt to avoid any problems. That would be too bad because it would be 
neat to indicate that you belong to the group.

4. Long story, short. I thought it would be neat to make a shirt. Some other 
folks indicated the same thing. So a few of us got together and have taken the 
project on. My personal feeling is it is a shame that what seems like it 
should be such a simple thing to bring enjoyment to anyone who wants to 
participate in it, seems to have irritated a number of folks. If it's not your 
thing, no 
problem. No harm, no foul. A couple of posts indicate some iritation at the 
thought of Bob Eeg "getting something for nothing". I guess all I can say to 
that is I don't understand why that would be a problem for anyone other then 
possibly myself who was going to put the whole thing together, including the $, 
or David Wood who has put all the effort into the creating the artwork. I will 
only speak for myself and say if I had a problem with it I wouldn't do it and 
I appreciated Bob giving me the opportunity to do it.

I hope we can still pull this off. Either way, what it is really all about is 
friendship through sailing. I really enjoy interacting with everyone on this 
site and hope to for a long time to come, regardless of the stupid shirt! 

Let me see what Jerry's feelings are about the shirt thing and then we'll see 
if we continue. Thanks to all those that emailed their comments. 

Sean
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to