You know when I replaced the wires in the mast of my 17 I put long black 
ty-wraps (6") every 6-8 inches pointing in alternating directions and this kept 
the wires quiet, didn't allow moisture to collect and cause corrosion, and made 
removal a snap. Am doing the same currently w my M23 now (w longer wraps).
 
Rick 
M23 Raven
 #017
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry E Yake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:01:31 -0700
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Internal Mast Plug



On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:41:33 -0700 "Steve Shenkel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> I recently intended to put some foam pipe insulation over the 
> electrical
> cables inside the mast to keep them from slapping the inside of the 
> mast
> while at anchor.  About 4 feet into the bottom of the mast I ran 
> into
> something hard.  An inspection with a flashlight revealed a bird's 
> nest.
> However, after removing it a hard plug remained.
>  
> Is this common (in Montgomery Mast's), or perhaps was this the PO's 
> attempt
> at a similar fix?

There was no plug inside Tullamore's mast.  I filled it with those
Styrofoam packing peanuts to keep the wires from rattling, and then
plugged the ends with pieces from a swim noodle. Perfect fit, and extra
floatation if the worst happens.

Larry

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to