As someone who normally boats in fresh water, I am astounded at how fast salt water corrodes things and trailer lights in particular. I installed new lights for the Hess Fest in Sep 04, dunked them twice to launch and then retrieve, and by Spring of 2005, the lights had rusted up in the bulb socket and quit working. Lights in freshwater normally last for years.

The removeable lights would work well, unless it became a lot of work at the ramp. You could try lights mounted on guide-on arms or go to fully sealed, submersible lights and solder (instead of crimping) all connections, and use heat shrink tubing over that. Or just plan on replacing them every season.

Howard

Hughston, Larry wrote:
Bobbie, funny you should come with an idea like that.  You are two steps
ahead of me...I am struggling to figure out my wiring right now.  So
simple (four wires) yet so far to perfect.  Good idea. Send me your
prototype.  ----L.  (Hull 189.  1981 by Jerry M.)

-----Original Message-----
From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ion.com] On Behalf Of Bobbie Mayer
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: An invention I need to find...


Wireless trailer lights. Sealed trailer lights (batteries in a watertight compartment or maybe solar) and controlled wirelessly from a device that plugs into the car's wiring. No need for wiring harnesses or connectors that can break or get corroded.

Bobbie

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to