I have used Semi-truck lights in trailer application with great success. I
looked to see if I could get a website for you but did not find one.
However, this link is good for the wiring. Go to the bottom of the page and
use the multi-function bulb set for the four wire flat plug (probably what
you have).

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/wiring.asp

Now about the bulbs:  If you will notice the round tail lights in cement
mixer trucks, semi-truck and big rigs.  They are 100% sealed and waterproof.
I have bought them in regular and LED from NAPA auto parts, however I did
not see them on their website. The installation will require:   (2) sealed
bulbs / lenses  in LED or regular (big cost difference),   (2) metal
brackets (they have holes to be bolted on) (2) rubber gaskets - they mount
the lenses into the brackets and lastly (2) wire pigtails.

You will find the wire pigtails are color coded properly but difficult to
snap or click on the lenses (and do not accidentally fall off). You will see
the pigtails are covered in a grease. Leave the grease there and snap them
together and you will have a watertight / waterproof connection.

When I drove a mixer truck, we cleaned our equipment with high pressure
water and acid to clean off the spilled concrete. I've never seen a failure
because of exposure damage.

Hope you have a NAPA auto parts close by. They are most helpful even if you
just go in to ask them about the components. You'll spend about $45.00 for
the set of two and if you do not crunch them they will last years. LED is
about $40.00 more

Hope this helps
Bill

www.MSOGPhotoSite.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to