I just removed some vinyl lettering on mine with a putty knife that I just ground a finer edge on. They seemed to come off easy enough. Then a little naptha or lighter fluid to get rid of what old goo remained. After that I cut polished the area to try and get rid of the 'ghost' vibe that remained. It helped a little.
Tim D.

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Burmeyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: reefing and etc.


Removing vinyl lettering is pretty easy with a single-edge razor blade. Lift a corner with the blade and pull. Keep the blade angle flat and you won't scratch the gelcoat.


George

George Burmeyer
"Haiku"  1986 M15 #385
Santa Rosa, CA


On Oct 15, 2006, at 10:14 PM, Donglai Gong wrote:

Also does anyone have good idea on how to remove vinyl lettering on
the hull?  I was told a hair dryer might help.  I have finally settled
on a name for my boat. :-)

Donglai
M15  #612 "Shaolin"

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to