Jerry,
 
I may know the picture you are referring to, that could be two M15's on Priest 
Lake, Idaho. Does one of the 15's have a blue stripe and the other have a green?
 
In my thinking, it is not so much the difference in draft between the 15 and 
17, but rather the difference in weight. At 750 lbs the 15 weighs less than 1/2 
the 17.  The 15 is much easier to and push-off when beached. In sand or mud we 
wouldn't hesitate to beach our 15. Once beached waves and the wakes would often 
push the 15 up onto the beach a bit further. The 15 is light enough that you 
could wiggle it off. We don't beach our 17. I think it would be a handful to 
try push off if driven much up the beach.
 
Randy G.
M17 #410  

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Jerry
Sent: Mon 11/6/2006 2:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: Close to the bank



I am interested, but do not yet have a Montgomery. I
have a wonderful picture as my computer wallpaper of
two Montgomery 15 boats pulled up about a foot from a
sandy shore. This capability really appeals to me, but
I may want the larger M-17. I have read several
cruising stories where both boats were present. Does
the greater draft of the M-17 make much practical
difference in being able to pull up close to shore?

Thanks,
Jerry Renno




____________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity -
Click now for info http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com 
<http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com/> 

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to