While I am thinking on it, thanks to Bill and Randy for going to the
trouble of posting story and images of their board and bunk
projects. I appreciate that.
I am making plans for some repairs, mods and maintenance for our 17.
One issue that get my 'interest' while sailing is the .....
flopidyness...of the CB.
When not under pressure (and when down of course) the board can kind of
bump and bang up against the sides
of the case/keel. I read lots of stories of jammed or tight
boards....but it seems I have quite the
opposite situation. <insert Viagra joke here>
I am wondering if this is considered usual.
Seems to me that it is great that everything is free and working , but I
am wondering if perhaps the
pivot bolt may be worn....or the hole in the plate...?
The pendant could use replacement....so this could be used as additional
excuse to go to the bother.
I had a look at the board last year . While diving. It looks like it has
no coating and is just rough metal.
The boat has been used in salt but I don't think has ever been left at
anchor much. I use it in fresh water.
Also, I wonder if it is usual for both the pivot bolt and stop bolt to
be proud of the keel surface. Should they be recessed
and filled/faired? Is there enough thickness or meat at that point to do
this?
Cheers, Tim Diebert
M17 #369 PUFF
Kelowna BC
....finally above freezing and on the downhill side.
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats