>From your response I think moving to a Montgomery 15 is a good one at 52. And 
>I still have 32 years before Neptune taps me.

Thanks!


-----Original Message-----
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Apr 16, 2007 8:44 AM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: M_Boats: Down sizing to a Montgomery 15
>
>Hi Hugh,
>
>I too, was a big boat sailor once upon a time, till I finally realized
>that with over crowded anchorages, and no peace and quiet any more it was
>time to change methods of operation.
>
>I had a 29 foot Tripp designed sloop for 26 years.  Tried her big
>brother, a Northeast 38 but found it too big.
>
>Then went trailerable.
>
>First started with a Bolger MICRO - great boat for several years, but,
>....  stepping the mast became too much of a chore.
>
>The size was right; trailering was right - mast stepping wasn't.
>
>Next try:
>
>A ComPac 16 with an aluminum mast and shrouds.  The size was right but
>sailing characteristics left a lot to be desired, as did lack of proper
>storage and living space.  
>
>That's when I found the Montgomery 15.  After lots of very helpful
>chitchat with the  people on the M web site, who answered my questions,
>and pointed me in the right directions, I finally found an M15 in Panama
>City, Florida, and bought it sight-unseen over the phone from the owner
>who lived in Sausalito, CA.
>
>An M15 is an ideal vessel for two people.  Jerry did a super job of
>design and construction; lots of excellent storage space, and an interior
>layout that works very well.
>
>We've owned for several years, exploring all sorts of delightful sailing
>areas, and my only reason for selling it was, Neptune tapped me on the
>shoulder one day as I was rigging the boat, and asked, "at 84 years of
>age, how long do you expect to continue sailing?"  He had a good point. 
>I recognized I wasn't getting younger, and it was time for younger owners
>to enjoy our M15, which they are now doing.
>
>I can strongly recommend an M15.  It is a very seaworthy and an excellent
>sailing vessel.
>
>If you have any question, please ask.  I'll be glad to give you my
>comments and recommendations
>
>My new e-mail address is:
>
>                                                       
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Happy sailing,
>
>Connie Benneck
>xM15 LEPPO
>
>_______________________________________________
>http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to