Hi Maylon,

Welcome to our group.  I am sure you will enjoy your M-15.

On my 15 and the few others I have seen in person, the side shrouds and 
forestay are secured with adjusters rather than turnbuckles.  The adjusters 
simply have several holes in them rather than using some sort of a threaded 
rod.  The bottom end of the adjuster is pinned to the deck fitting, and the eye 
of the shroud is pinned to one of the series of holes.  I think the pin size is 
3/16, but I am do not have one in front of me to verify that.  If you look for 
adjusters at your favorite marine store, in a catalog or on-line you will find 
what you need.  They sell expensive adjusters for racers and less expensive 
models for people like me.

The original rigging instructions for your boat were posted by Giles at:

http://msog.org/models/m15/m15_setuprig.cfm

Those instructions work well for those of us with other 15s!

You probably want to start with all three adjusters pinned so that they are as 
long as possible and then adjust the side stays.  If you have the boat in your 
driveway this is a good place to get your initial adjustments.    You really 
want to raise and lower the mast a few times when you are not the center of 
attention before you go to a launch ramp. 

steve

Steve R.
M-15 #119
Lexington, KY

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to