Paula:
On my M17 (which you and I checked out in near darkness and freezing
in Nov 2005), I made a plate to block off the slug opening. I'll try
to get a photo or two. I used two rubber expansion anchors in holes
in the mast to hold the plate in place. I loosen the thumb screws
that screw into the anchors to allow the plate to swing out enough to
take out or put in the slugs and the gooseneck.
--Gary Hyde
2005 M17 sailboat #637 'Hydeaway 2'
We can't change the wind, but we can trim our sails.
On Sep 16, 2007, at 2:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello all:
On M15 Sirius, need input on how to manage mainsail slugs vs mast
opening,
probably discussed previously, but hoping owners of the NEWER M15s
will
respond with additional input. We take mainsail down and motor to
mooring; without something closing off the mast slot the slugs fall
out.
On the newer M15 you can't hammer close and reopen the slot lower
on the
mast, as it is neither flared open nor a symmetrical slot. Have
used the
'bungee around the mast' system to hold things up. I work standing
on the
cushions in the cabin and getting sail down, taming it and having
it stack
above the bungee at the top of the slot means I'm on tiptoes with big
stretch at absolute end of my reach to do this. Any ideas for this?
Thanks.
Paula Lester
---------------------------------------------
This message was sent using SnowCrest WebMail.
http://www.snowcrest.net
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats