Do you possibly have the boom to low?  When placed correctly the slot  is 
just above the boom and gives no problem with reefing. The only time the stop  
comes out is when you put the sail on or take it off. 
 
I guess another way is installing a small strap eye in front of the  
mast...then thread a short bungee loop through and put those hard balls on  
each end 
that grab each other. The strap eye would capture the bungee and keep  it fast 
and handy without being loose. There are variations of eyes and hooks  that 
could be done this way.
 
You can always do the hole with cotter pin through it. I have a  22'r done 
that way. It isn't exactly proper but it works and costs nothing.  Someday I'll 
put a real stop in.
 
bp



************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to