I sure wish Sean would not be so wishy washy on his comments.  

I agree whole heartedly with Sean.  Once I decided to buy my M15, I was like a 
hungry bass attacking a big plug!  I saw the ad and drove out to see the boat 
on my lunch hour that day.  I did knock the price down a little however.  I 
almost lost it because of my agreed to discount.

I asked to have a test sail, and the seller agreed.  The following weekend we 
took it out.  While we were setting up, several groups of people came over to 
ask if the boat was for sale.  The buyer said yes, but that I have first rights 
on it.  He could have sold the boat for more at the boat ramp, but he was a 
person who kept his word at the agreed to price.  I asked him why he did not 
sell the boat to one of the other parties at the boat ramp (after I gave him 
payment in full).  He said, " I know my M15 will be appreciated by you, just as 
I did".   He knew I was not just looking for a sailboat.  I was looking for a 
Montgomery - not a "cheap" boat. 

I think this sums up the Monty spirit!

Since buying my M15, I have looked at numerous other boats (bigger).  I got 
close to buying several, but I was not sufficiently motivated to get them.  I 
was looking for a "cheap" boat to play with.  This is definitely not the 
Montgomery mind-set, and this is why a "sail-kicker" looking for a "cheap" 
Monty will have to keep on looking unless a life's problem arises.

Norm M15 #172
Ventura
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to