Lou,

Once I took a couple out for a day sail on our M15. The husband was about 180 
lbs and the wife 120 lbs. It was a great day to learn to sail, with a light 
breeze and blue skies. Once I showed them the basics of sailing I stood in 
cabin of the boat, fully standing with the hatch open. The boat balanced pretty 
well; they had the cockpit and I had a full 360 view while standing in the 
cabin.

My wife and I have gone sailing with our 3 kids. We would usually send one of 
the kids up to the bow, and that helped.  Many good memories with friends and 
family on our M15. Even if the boat squats it is a ton of fun for the guests. 
If the wind was really blowing I would be very cautions with guests, as human 
weight is a significant contributor to the 15's ballast. With a full cockpit it 
would be hard to keep the weight on the correct side of the boat in a blow.

Randy Graves

________________________________________
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Louis Aliotta [EMAIL 
PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 7:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: M_Boats: Crew Capacity...

Has anyone had any experience with 3 crew members on the M15.  I would like to 
take 3 people out but I am not that familiar with what I might experience.  2 
people are around 170lbs each and one is about 230lbs.  If I keep the heavier 
person in the center and balance out myself and the other  person would I be 
alright?  One of my concerns is the water that enters the cockpit at times when 
extra weight is added.
Please let me know if anyone has experience or advice about this.   Lou
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to