Good to hear from you Tod,

I think the stock skeg was designed for carrying more weight than a single 
rower.  With two people aboard the skeg seems to be just about right.  One 
feature worth mentioning is the full length, bow to stern thwart which 
allows the crew to sit in just the right place to properly trim the boat. 
It does require a second set of oarlock sockets.

Like the Montgomery boats it's a pretty boat, which to me is important. 
Although she tows well, towing anything short of an inflatable kayak seems 
to be more than an M15 can handle.  I think Connie's Nymph would be perfect 
for your boat.  It's just what you need to transport Rudy ashore and it 
won't slow you down much.  If Doug Kelch can tow that Bolger Light Dory (2 
or 3 feet longer than his boat ) with an M15, you can tow a Nymph.  I saw 
Connie's boat and I can tell you he built a fine one.

Rick
M15 #337 Bluebird

> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:10:58 -0500
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: M_Boats: Good Dinghy for an M15 or M17
> To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"
> <[email protected]>
> Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250"
>
> Here is a picture of Rick Langer towing his Nymph in Maine.  It seemed to
> tow pretty nicely although, as you mentioned, it did look like it could 
> have
> benefitted from a larger skeg.  When towing, it floats so high in the 
> water
> that the regular skeg is hardly in the water.
>
> http://www.htmills.com/images/LF-bluebirdandnymph.jpg
>
> I thought it was a real nice dinghy.  It sure is tempting to get Connie's
> but I'm not currently in a position to buy any boats at the moment. (Other
> things going on.)  Sounds like someone will end up with a great little 
> boat,
> though.
>
> Tod


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to