I vforgot- you can get new handrails from H&L Marine in S CA.

Jerry
jerrymontgomery.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "jerry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: New teak for Monty 17?


> Rodney- Not only are the wood parts not the same from boat-to-boat but we
> made a change in 81 and they are totally different after that.  I'd
suggest
> that you take off the parts and take them to a cabinet shop and have them
> duplicated.  You can match up the screw holes by holding the new peice in
> place, running a drill in one of the end holes, running in a screw fro9m
the
> bottom, doing the other end the same, then drilling the rest of the holes.
> Take the end screw out, dust everything off, bed it (polyurethane- NOT
> silicone) and then run in all the screws.  In other words, you use the
screw
> holes in the deck as the pilots.
>
>
> Jerry
> jerrymontgomery.org
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rodney Holland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 2:09 PM
> Subject: M_Boats: New teak for Monty 17?
>
>
> > Do any of you owners know whether it is possible to order new exterior
> teak replacement pieces for a 1977 17 from Montgomery boats? Would these
> pieces be standard enough year to year that I could be confident they
would
> fit the same screw holes, etc? I'm cursed with the love of properly cared
> for and varnished bright work and want to have that on our new boat(named
it
> Texas Doghouse, maybe I'll share that story one evening with you). The
teak
> that is there is in really bad shape, and to properly do the hand rails,
> they will have to be sanded down so much that I don't think they could be
> trusted for their original purpose. They are already way too thin and need
> probably an eighth of an inch of sanding to get them smooth in some
places.
> >
> > Again, I don't know how standard these things are, but mine has the
rails,
> the companionway hatches, the pieces on each side and bottom of the
> companionway opening, and there 3 or 4 strips along the top of the sliding
> hatch that would dress things up nicely if replaced. I think that's it.
> >
> > Anyone think I can get this done?
> >
> >
> >
> > Rodney Holland
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > EarthLink Revolves Around You.
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> ----
>
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> >
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
> ----
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG.
> Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1339 - Release Date: 3/22/2008
> 4:43 PM
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG.
> Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.21.8/1339 - Release Date: 3/22/2008
4:43 PM
>
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to