Well, we've had the sailboat pulled out and up on blocks at the marina for a 
week and a half now.  We got the rusted, stuck centerboard out after a few work 
sessions using a handsaw to loosen the rust between the trunk sides and the CB. 
  Then we put a concrete stake through the hole in the trunk (it's rough and 
wide - it had been sealed up) in the cabin.  We braced it on the CB top, and 
pounded it down with a 10 lb sledge hammer and it finally the CB let loose.  
It's been sandblasted and coated, and it looks so much better.  No where near 
the artwork that was done one the "Dauntless", whose work I so enjoyed reading 
about, but it is fine for us.  


I just received Brian Gilbert's book in the mail, and it has a lot of great 
info.


I'm going to be re-painting the bottom, and have been trying to figure out the 
best way to do it.  The old coat is thin and worn, so I guess I'll sand it and 
just paint right over what's left.  The info I've found in books is sort of 
confusing - should I put a primer on, then fresh bottom paint, or just the new 
paint right over the top of the sa
nded old paint?  I talked with the guy who'd painted it, and all the remembers 
is that it was Interlux anti-fouling.  So, I guess we'll try for the same 
thing, not knowing more.  




Thanks,


Danelle in Ketchikan



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to