Stevan Little wrote:
This (IMO) is the perfect use case for the horizontal reuse of roles because it allows you to inject commonly needed functionality into your classes without forcing some kind of convoluted inheritance relationship that does not accurately reflect your domain.

But this is a case where the lack of a guarantee of role application order is a
problem: it's definitely going to matter whether this functionality kicks in
after something else.  I think I need to do something which guarantees that
this stuff happens before anything else.