Excerpts from Dmitry Karasik's message of Wed Jan 13 12:06:36 -0500 2010:
> > What if someone uses your trait with reader => 'get_x', writer => 'set_x'?
>
> I don't know, it but wouldn't make sense in the context of that accessor
> anyway.

It sounds like it would make perfect sense, given your example below:

  @list = $obj->get_prop;
  $obj->set_prop(@list);

> I'd like to use array and hash attributes in mixed list and array contexts:
>
>    @list = $obj-> prop;
>    $obj->prop(@list);
>    $array = $obj->prop;
>    $obj->prop($array);

I think you meant "mixed list and scalar contexts".

How can you tell the difference between these two?

  @list = [];
  $obj->prop(@list);

  $array = [];
  $obj->prop($array);

How do you know that the first is setting a single-element list and the second
is setting an empty list?

This doesn't seem like good design to me; there's a reason that auto_deref is
deprecated.

hdp.