Thanksfor the info. It's looking good, I hope it gets plenty of support.

On 23/01/2013 15:52, Arian Stolwijk wrote:
Currently the MooTools Project consists mainly of MooTools-Core and MooTools-More. Basically two projects under the MooTools umbrella by MooTools developers. It just happens that more depends on core.

Prime and friends will be added to this, alongside mootools-core, to the MooTools Project. It just doesn't use mootools-core. This means that it will *not* directly replace MooTools Core or MooTools More. To stop development of those projects would be bad because there isn't an easy upgrade path. Prime is basically an entire new project.

The reason we add new projects, instead of making a MooTools 2.0 that you can upgrade from, is that there are a few key concepts different, that wouldn't be possible using something like MooTools 1.x:

- Not extending natives (you can, if you want, with some extra code, but prime also provides a "chain" function).
- Doesn't "polute" the global object at all
- Uses commonjs/node modules
- Does not use Element.prototype, but uses a slim element wrapper
- Moofx is CSS3 transitions based, with JS fallback. This wouldn't fit in the Fx.* API.

Because of some of these features, like not extending natives, doesn't put anything in the global object, it can basically work fine with anything, and doesn't collide with other code, like jQuery, MooTools or Prototype. For example in some project I just use MooTools Core, which still works perfectly, together with moofx3 for animations.