I have been a MooTools fan ever since I knew the framework, however, I now
understand that the new direction is prime.

I understand that there have been lessons learnt, and practices like
extending native prototypes had to be abandoned.

I understand that the new direction is to adopt the microframeworks apprach
and new best practices and libraries that involve package/dependency
management and server side javascript with Node.

What I don't understand is why none of this exciting direction has been
communicated to the evaporating user base. I think MooTools still has a
nice community, and I bet part of it is dormant.

Why not fill-in the community with a simple blog post in the MooTools
blog?, why not make a simple website for prime?, why not publish some
examples with prime?

I don't feel confident anymore about using MooTools because I feel that my
code will be already dead. I don't feel confident about using prime because
I don't know what it's direction will be, is it an academic experiment?, is
it already being used in production environments?, is it being used at
all?, is it a serious project or just toy code?

If people started using prime it would evolve quicker, but right now all
that is happening from my point of view is that the MooTools community is
slowly being alienated away.

So why not let us know what your plans and vision with prime are?, I think
a simple blog post and a very simple website would do to reinvigorate the
community.

--

---