> 1- Since it was never meant to run under anything less than IE9, I
> get a "'inspector.source' is null or not an object" message.. that's
> it.  Even when hard-coded into the HEAD tag.

You didn't mention at first that you're trying to run something that's
documented by the developer to _not work_. That's kinda critical info.
What's the error in IE 10?

> 2- I realize that; I've read the instructions before downloading it
> and setting up a local copy to work with.  I'm putting it very first
> after opening <head> tag and before a <meta> tag.

If there are scripts hard-coded in the HEAD, expect them to have
already run before your script that injects another <SCRIPT> tag.

> And I was under the impression that newScript.inject(pHead,'top')
> would put it at the very top of the childNodes for HEAD.

Sure it puts it at the top, but it wasn't at the top when the page
first loaded, so that's irrelevant! The principal reason to inject
into HEAD is to get a more organized DOM when inspecting it later, not
to somehow turn back time.

> (I originally tried the reverse - hard code the inspector, then "null"
> it if the user wasn't a developer.. that obviously didn't work.)

Nope...

> 3- The only reason I'm still pursuing this line is because it works
> flawlessly in FF/Chrome (it even animate/slides in from the side in
> FF/Chrome, but not in IE.) It's my understanding that FF and Chrome
> will load things in a specific order, but IE not always. This could
> be that kind of issue.

It's an issue of asynchronous loading, of course (that's why it
doesn't see inspector.source, because an inspector object hasn't been
instantiated yet and the source property is only added when the
function runs) but I don't see uch utility in fighting to get
something to run that may not even correctly report the compatibility
errors it's supposed to catch (I could well get it to load n IE 8 but
give you flawed results).

I can look at it more later, have to go over to Interop for a bit...

-- S.

--

---