Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 6:24 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] AUCTION SHIPPING

Buyer should be made aware of those charges...

Morrie knew this up front and should have listed this in his Terms and Condition section and not what he did say " Your bill will include normal shipping plus insurance".

$40 is not normal for 1 poster.. Everbody knows that....
MPEXCH
LARRY WHEELER
W6682 Phillips Rd.
Pardeeville, WI 53954
USA
Phone: 608-429-3380 after 6 pm CST
FAX: 608-429-3759
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kirby McDaniel wrote:
The major live auction houses have typically had BRUTAL shipping
charges.  They are not in the shipping business themselves, and they
contract it out.  By the old standards of Christies New York or UK or
Sothebys or the old Butterfield and Butterfield, Morris Everett's
auction shipping charges are not too bad.  Heritage, which ships their
own material from their own location in Dallas, is reasonable.

I've paid over $200 for pieces to be shipped from Christie's.  That was
for multiple lots, but still......

When bidding in one of these auctions one should check out the shipping
charges IN ADVANCE.  I've bought a lot of posters at live auctions that
were bargains and even though the shipping was high, I came out on it.

I have sympathy for the buyers in this because I've been one, but I
also have empathy for Morris because he's trying to get the items
shipped safely and securely from a contractor in a place which is away
from his home and his place of business.  That's expensive if you want
it done right.

As with all auctions, figure out what you want your total expenses to
be, including the shipping, and bid accordingly.

Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Original Film Posters
P.O. Box 4419
Austin TX 78765-4419