I tivoed the CBS Evening News today and just watched it.  I caught a
report about Warner Brothers
extreme makeover of Bugs Bunny.  Warner's proposes to turn the wascally
wabbit into some kind
of crimefighting "INCREDIBLES"-like (only not as good) hipster figure
along with all the other immortal Looney Tunes characters.

The powers that be at Time-Warner should take the people at Warner's
animation who thought this up
and summarily fire every one of them.  This was reported in this
morning's Wall Street Journal as well.
If this isn't a mistake on the order of the Coca Cola makeover of
several years ago, I don't know what is.
I can tell you I was just sickened by it.  And this isn't just
nostalgia either.  Those Warner characters have
lots of life left in them, if the idiots at Warner's knew how to use
them.

No doubt some will be found who will rise to Warner's defense in this
dubious enterprise, but yours
truly will not be among them.  Sometimes you just have to wonder who
these people are that make
these nutty decisions.  In the past, animators brought Bugs and friends
into fine-tuned versions of themselves
that was, in my opinion, perfected in the 1950s.  But this is radical
and just destructive of wonderful
intellectual property.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Please excuse the rant.