From: "David Kuspa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] random inspection of a persons mail

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=coolstuff159
Al Shevy, aka "coolstuff159"
His negative feedback is now up to 7 (6 individuals in the past 30 days,
including myself). When I checked this morning, he had made his feedback
private again. I hope every member of MOPO would feel obligated to alert
the
community to a pattern of negative feedback and objectionable business
practices like those Al is defending. This also applies to sellers who run
into problem buyers.

Post Office delivery issues aside, Al still publicly insists that the
poster
he sold me was in "Fine" condition. I disagree, which is why I returned
the
poster to him. I believe that significant defects in the artwork, like
water
damage, large stains and bleed-throughs should be disclosed, regardless of
the grading given overall. I accept that there is a level of subjectivity
when grading posters, but isn't the disclosure of significant defects
outside of normal wear and tear a standard which ethical individuals can
agree on?? Click on the links to look at Al Shevy's original auction
page/photo and the photos I took of the actual poster I received. Armed
with
this info and his eBay feedback ratings, I'm sure everyone can judge for
themselves whether they're comfortable doing business with him.
auction page:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60332&item=7525124231
link to photos of the poster I received from Al Shevy:
http://homepage.mac.com/dkuspa/PhotoAlbum11.html

Yes, Al Shevy left a message for me the other night on my answering
machine.
But after being on the receiving end of a series of angry, profanity-laced
emails, why would I subject myself to more abuse from him over the phone?
As
I replied to him via email, whatever he has to say he can say in an email.
And frankly, for legal reasons, I'd prefer to have all communications from
him in writing.

-_David