I'm confused about the heavy stock paper? Did Portal every produce their stuff on heavy stock; I don't think so...........Just curious...........Al didn't say it was backed; said heavy stock. Vaughn

At 02:42 PM 9/29/2005 -0500, JR wrote:
Oh, OK... now I see it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7549504755

Aw, jeez, c'mon Al... you've been around far too long to be pulling stunts like this. Are you deliberately trying to commit seller suicide or what? Is it really worth the $50 or $60 bucks you might get for this -- to have so many other potential buyers permanently crossing you off of their list of sellers they will do business with by playing this silly game word game of prevarication where you say you don't know... it might be... but you're not sure... when any seller who has been in the business for even a year would know FOR SURE that, whatever it is, it's not "original"?

-- JR

----- Original Message -----
From: Phil Edwards Cinema Arts
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:57
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Creature from the black lagoon poster

HALF SHEEEEET.
Al, even this time 'round I have to think you are being full of sheeeeet
about the origins of this poster,
your knowledge of movie paper given your experience and the voices of
several experienced collectors
on the subject have to be taken seriously.

It's actually okay occasionally in making a wrong call on what something is.
We've all done it, we're all likely to do it at sometime in the future.

I don't think that so many experienced dealers and collectors have
somehow missed the existence of a legit
reissue HALF SHEET for this film that looks like this one.

The use of so many half-baked caveats of it might be this or it might be
that and I really don't know, etc, isn't becoming to any seller that
considers themselves a professional and would also like to be thought of
and treated themselves in that way.

Phil