Title: AOL Email

Hello everyone. I'm adding this section to my site. If you see anything wrong or if I missed anything, please feel free to tell me so.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

FLAWS / DEFECTS

FOLD SEPARATION
A tear along the fold line of a poster. A minor flaw unless it is a large tear. Not seen when displayed!!

FOLD WEAR
As a poster ages and is opened and closed over and over, the fold lines can get worn. Usually considered a minor flaw.

FOXING
Small brown spots caused by age. Comes from tiny pieces of metal trapped in the paper during the printing process. Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

MOLD
Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

SNIPE

A small (usually) sticker with additional information that is added to an original movie poster by distributors or theater managers while the movie is still in its original release. It could contain an amended rating, a review, etc. A snipe is considered a very minor defect to most collectors, however it depends on its size, location, and whether it detracts from the original image or not.

HANDLING WEAR

General term used to describe a poster that has normal minor wear and tear like pinholes, fold separations, etc.

TEAR

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

CREASE

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

WRINKLING

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

WAVINESS

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

BROWNING

As paper ages, sometimes it turns brown. Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

FADING

Caused by sunlight. Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

WATER/MOISTURE DAMAGE

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

MISSING PAPER

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

PENCIL / PEN / CRAYON

Depending on the severity and whether it is on the front or the back, this can be a major or minor flaw.

NSS STAMP BLEED THROUGH

Sometimes the NSS stamp on the back is visible from the front. Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

TAPE

Depending on the severity and whether it is on the front or the back, this can be a major or minor flaw.

STAIN

Depending on the severity, this can be a major or minor flaw.

HOLE

Depending on the size, this can be a major or minor flaw.

PIN HOLE

A minor flaw unless there are more than a few of them and they are distracting.

STAPLE HOLE

A minor flaw unless there are more than a few of them and they are distracting.

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com
602 309 0500
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com