Roadshow 70mm material for SPARTACUS is scarce.

MovieArt has a near mint U.S. one sheet, roadshow for this film and
we are offering it for $3000.  It is folded and unbacked.

Special display 22x28s with the paintingS of the cast members have
been seen and we have a few of these.  Also roadshow
lobbies with the title card have turned up occasionally.  But the one
sheet has only been seen a few times.  I had one I bought
from Cinemonde in the late 1980s and it sold for $650.  I know
another roadshow material collector purchased one within the
last several years for $2400.

The art is the same as the soundtrack record cover and similar to the
British quad.  Of course, the format is the normal 27x41
format.

In addition to this material, MovieArt has had consigned to it some
very wonderful material from the holdings of a family-
owned record store that was shuttered in 1972.  It was like a virtual
time capsule when the contents were recently sold for
a six figure sum.  Over thirty thousand sealed LPs, 45s, 78s.  I was
not consigned any records - I don't sell them - but I was allowed to
sell some of the display materials.

There is some Decca Records display material for the Soundtrack
Recording of SPARTACUS.  Several different counter standees.
These are remarkably good, and one looks like the one sheet.  There
is another special poster that has all of the character paintings
on one poster.  This is an actual poster.  These are not movie
posters.  They are store displays, and are, if anything, probably
rarer than film posters.  In the case of this film, however, maybe
not so much rarer because of the roadshow status.

Of course, 35mm release posters from SPARTACUS are not particularly
rare, but are not nearly as sought after as the roadshow
material.

If anyone would like to inquire about any of this material from
SPARTACUS, contact me.  In addition, there is some other
display material that is quite good including some dynamite pieces on
SINATRA, PATSY CLINE, AL JOLSON, JULIE LONDON and
others.

Kirby McDaniel
www.movieart.net

[EMAIL PROTECTED]