Ari,

I agree that "life is short..."  too short for me to have my time unecessarily wasted by being tricked into looking at versions of posters I am never going to buy. If I were French, I would collect French-langue posters, but I'm American and so I collect English-language versions. Is there something wrong with that?

All of you outraged Rick Ryan defenders... allow me to point out that Rick had this poster listed in the Posters > Originals-US > 1970-79 category exclusively, so how am I being arrogant and unreasonable in assuming it was a U.S. version?

I'm actually kind of shocked at you, Ari, for bringing in echoes of "American Imperialism" into this discussion... that's not what I'm talking about at all. If I had my way, sellers would ID country of origin in ALL of their Titles... they would specify US for American, UK for British, FR from French, SP for Spanish, AU for Australian, GE for German... etc. That used to be a fairly common convention used in Auction Title headlines on eBay, but od something which has faded away in recent years into the confusing, time-wasting chaos we have now. As you say, life is short.

And before someone tells me there isn't enough space in the headline field for country IDs.... hmmm... two lousy letters? Rick used an exclamation point and the word LOOK in his Title for this auction... he easily could have dropped the silly "LOOK!", used SP instead, and still had room for a couple of exclamation points.

As for assuming "If its not mentioned as US, then it is not US." that's solves nothing, just reverses the confusion in the other direction, and would only make some sense IF the poster were NOT listed in this category:

Posters > Originals-US > 1970-79

... but this one WAS listed in US ORIGINALS... exclusively, no dual-categorizaton, as almost all of Ricks are... so please, people, don't tell me Rick isn't trying to be deceptive with his listing techniques these days.

But hey, I see he got 4 bids and $93 bucks for it and that's all that matters, right?

-- J R