John

I'm in 100% agreement with virtually everything you say.

I think one more factor.... ebay burnout

I think very many people find ebay to be difficult to search due to incorrect listings, spamming, wrong categories, repros, etc

a novice who only searches for "superman" would get a return of so many items through out the site it would be daunting to search through and only someone who can take the time to troll ebay all day & all night can really use the site

it's alot like going to the Rose Bowl flea market looking for a widget and every seller(about 4000 of them) there has a box of them and you have to look through to find it

I also think that the very many frauds, incorrect descriptions, non-shippers, non-payers etc written up in news , and the rude attitude of many sellers is another factor.

How many times have you not gotten a response from a seller who screwed you.??

the entirety of all this and the simple fact that eBay let the site "get away from them" because it became sooooo big and they just can't police it. If they actually had 20 employees for each category who knew the product doing policing, it would be a huge benefit to them. It would also be to their benefit to police repros out of the incorrect categories which would make searching much easier.

many want Meg Whitman out.. I don't think that is thge solution. The solution is having experts en masse to police the site & help them cater better to the sellers of all ranges, thereby recreating the beneficial experience that the site once was