Prices for Hitch have increased a bit BUT some top items also have gone down at the same time, for instance Vertigo or Rear Window posters traded much higher not long ago...Psycho increased in value and the still way under valued Dial M for Murder or To Catch A thief have gone up as well...nice to see...I am not talking about Bruce's auction but other auction results as well. It also appears that the difference in value of either restored or original Hitchcock posters is much greater than other posters of similar price value...maybe because there are many Hitch collectors (like me)....just look at the prices achieved for un-restored primo condition Hitch posters achieved recently by Profiles in History...I was completely taken....but not only for Hitch but high-end Sci-Fi and rare posters of similar stature and demand as well...I changed my tastes on other things as well...I rather pay much more for un-restored items than linen-mounted stuff on easily attained! posters but for rare items...I rather get them in any possible condition restored or not restored...I prefer the feel and touch of original un-touched paper...I also dont mind the fold lines on framed posters anymore...these lines provide character and a feel of history...
Philipp

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 5:49 AM
Subject: [MOPO] HITCHCOCK VALUES

no better evidence of hitchcock posters (PSYCHO and earlier) being top of the list for high prices and demand than bruce's last 2 auctions.

he had some awesome pieces (about 35---PSYCHO and earlier) in each auction.  (i was happy to get a few.)   even those bruce described in "lesser" condition went high!!!

amazing that the stuff after PSYCHO isn't wanted by collectors...........  (equally amazing that hitchcock's name appears on some of those movies.)

i own about 14 top titles/films of hitchcock orig posters (some, about 5, of the same film in different sizes).........

 ...........................but still seeking STRANGERS ON A TRAIN insert, which i added to my
want list only 1 year ago.

interesting that the hitchcock stuff i bought from bruce last week wasn't on my want list, but i knew i wanted them when i saw them!!!   i went on a buying frenzy, but didn't even consider FRENZY.

michael