Casablanca three sheet, bought for 1 dollar in a large theater find in South America, and sold two weeks later for 13,500 dollars, but that was back sixteen years ago...

Walter
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Ferland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Best Poster Find!!

I've had a few back when it seemed so easy:

Breakfast At Tiffany's 1-sheet on Ebay Buy it Now for
$300.
1932 Mickey Mouse 1-sheet for Whoopee Party for $1500
Bride of Frankenstein window card for $5,000
Spartacus set of 10 22x28 posters in Big Reel for $30,
sold for $3500.

And a few others....

Greg

--- Kirby McDaniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ugliest poster for the best price!!!

Kirby

On Sep 19, 2006, at 8:36 PM,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> For me I would have to say "Grand Hotel."
> Cheers,
> Brek

> From: Kirby McDaniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> and a great poster it is, too
>
> Kirby
>

> On Sep 19, 2006, at 6:49 PM, pj angel wrote:
>
>> Best poster find?
>>
>> Easy. WRITTEN ON THE WIND,
Universal-International, one sheet for
>> $10.
>>
>> When? Would you believe last month?
>>
>> http://www.bigtownfilmposters.us/id821.htm
>>
>> Okay, not in the best shape, I know, but come on!
10 bucks?

>> Dario does his magic and turns this ugly duckling
into a beautiful
>> swan.
>>
>> pj
>>
>> Susan Heim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Original Spellbound one sheet for $6.00. Now, of
course, it was
>> 1974, but I also bought Funny Lady with Barbra
Streisand at the
>> same time for $6.00 (still worth $6.00). The
killer is, the guy
>> had three copies of Spellbound in the folder, but
I was a poor
>> college student and only bought one copy.
>>

>> Sue

posters!

>> I enjoy many intelligent postings from this
Forum, and have
>> learned an
>> awful lot about the movie poster collecting hobby
as a result.

>> The last few days of diatribes going back and
forth is not
>> enhancing the
>> list.
>>
>> Could someone start a good new thread.....here's
one...what is the

www.filmfan.! com

>> Send a message addressed to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
>>
>> The author of this message is solely responsible
for its content.
>> Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at

>> message addressed to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] the BODY of